EA Ltd. UNDERTAKES
• To advise the customer of all developments and changes in EA Ltd.’s services and of any alterations and additions to the courses being offered.
• To provide the customer with the prices for the calendar year and maintain it periodically
• To provide services in accordance with the specified program
• To provide written support necessary for visa application.
• EA arranges accommodation in private homes or residences as an intermediary and acts solely as paying agent to the hosts or residences on behalf of the students.
• All arrangements for transport or for accommodation are made by EA Ltd. as an agent on the express condition that EA Ltd. shall not be liable for death, injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity which may be caused either by reason of any defect in any vehicle or through acts of default of any company or persons engaged in conveying the passenger, or in carrying out the arrangements of the program, or otherwise in connection therewith or of any third party
• No responsibility is accepted for losses or additional expenses incurred by EA Ltd. as a result of delays or changes in air, rail, sea or other services, sickness, weather, war, acts of terrorism, quarantine, strikes or other liability and any event outside of the control of EA Ltd. Such expenses will be charged to the customer and must be paid in full.
• No responsibility is accepted for medical emergencies arising from undisclosed medical information.
• No responsibility is accepted for loss of money or personal belongings that have not been given to a member of staff or a group leader.
• By enrolling the student on the course the parents/guardians are giving permission for that student child to attend all activities organized by EA Ltd.
• Students taking part in EA Ltd. events, activities and excursions may be captured on film or on digital media which may be used in publicity produced by EA Ltd. Where possible and practical to do so, EA Ltd. seeks written consent to capture images. Where this is not possible for practical reasons, unless express objections are received, individuals are deemed to have given their consent. Any queries or complaints should be raised with a member of EA Ltd. staff in the first instance.
EA Ltd. reserves the right to:
• by giving notice to clients at any time before the Start Date, to increase the price of the services being provided to reflect any increase in costs to EA Ltd., which is due to factors beyond EA Ltd.’s control, such as, without limitations, significant increases in accommodation costs, transport costs, labour costs etc.
•Accept or decline to accept any person as a member of any program at any time without liability to the customer or to any other person.
• Damage, accidental or otherwise, caused by a participant will be the responsibility of the customer. We shall endeavor to obtain a damage report of the incident signed by the participant, which will be passed to the customer in support of the claim.
• Insurance: Students are not insured by EA Ltd. against illness, accident, theft, loss of personal effects or damages, and EA Ltd. accepts no responsibility in the event of such occurrences. Personal insurance coverage should be taken out by the customer.
Any complaints against any aspect of the services provided by EA Ltd. should be addressed in the first instance to EA Ltd.’s local representative on site. In the event that the matter is not resolved, the client or his agent should make an immediate complaint in writing to EA Ltd.’s head office. Such complaints will be investigated by the company and may be subject to an appropriate refund provided that the complaint is deemed to be valid, the complaint received within seven business days of the incident, and that all fees and costs associated with the booking had been settled in full as laid out in the details above.
REGULATIONS FOR PARTICIPANTS
• Conduct: Good behaviour is expected of all participants. We reserve the right to return home at the earliest possible moment any participant found to be shoplifting, stealing, using drugs, using alcohol, sex (consensual or otherwise), bullying, profanity or behaving in any way disruptive to the running of the course. The cost of this early return will be charged to the customer.
* We assume that students have parents ’ permission to play games, swim, ride horses or sail, unless we are informed otherwise.
* Cycling: Students under 18 may use a bicycle only if we have their parents’ written permission
Bookings & Confirmations
All bookings made by THE CUSTOMER become valid and binding once they have been confirmed in writing by EA Ltd. or its authorized representative. EA Ltd. shall be entitled to invoice for course fees at any time after the acceptance of the booking. THE CUSTOMER agrees to ensure the stipulated fees are paid at least 30 days before the starting date of the student’s course (or immediately in the case of late bookings). Delay in making payment in no way lessens liability to pay, but may result in cancellation of the booking by EA Ltd. If, for any reason EA Ltd. is unable to provide the course as confirmed, THE CUSTOMER ‘s client(s) will be offered the choice of an alternative course, or a refund of course fees already paid will be made. Unruly students may inconvenience other students and EA Ltd. reserves the right to transfer such students to another EA Ltd. centre: no refunds will be made, but additional fees and/or travel costs will be payable, where applicable.
The course information given in EA Ltd. brochures and publicity materials is given in good faith and correct at the time of going to press.
EA Ltd. reserves the right to change the particularities of courses, including changes to courses, facilities or dates of programmes where circumstances beyond our control necessitate such changes or where the level of bookings received does not reach the minimum number required to operate a course validly. In this event EA Ltd. shall either provide comparable services or refund such part of that service which relates to the change. In either case, EA Ltd.’s liability shall cease and clients shall have no other or further claim against EA Ltd..
In the case of all course bookings made by or through THE CUSTOMER the principal parties to the transaction shall be deemed to be THE CUSTOMER and EA Ltd., and any dispute between these two parties shall be governed by Scottish Law, English Law or the laws of Ontario and Canada depending on the location of the venue.
For each student enrolled, it is essential that we receive, in advance, information about any disabilities, psychological or physical, medical conditions, allergies or special dietary requirements. We reserve the right to refuse a booking on medical grounds or to repatriate any student, at the customer ’s expense, if that student arrives with a condition about which we have not been previously informed and have not confirmed our acceptance. All students under 18 years must bring a signed Medical Consent Form with them to the centre.
For our international courses we require full details of each student (full name, date of birth, sex and details of any allergies or special dietary requirements). It is essential that we receive this information. Students booking an English Home Lesson Course, we also require a complete needs analysis form.
To allow for processing, we will normally require at least a full five weeks between receipt of the participant’s details and our sending you details of the English host family. The majority of enrolments should reach us not less than seven weeks before arrival date.
VISA SUPPORT LETTERS
If required, EA Ltd. will provide visa support at the time of booking on receipt of a confirmed booking and full payment of fees. This support will be faxed or e-mailed to agents on behalf of their customers. In cases where agents and customers require original visa letters and invoices, these will be sent by courier upon request and upon acceptance in writing by the customer of the courier charge, which will be included in the invoice. EA Ltd. is not responsible for delays in delivery due to circumstances beyond its control and no refund can be made for deposits and courier fees either in the event of a cancellation or in the event of a student being refused a visa.
Group transfers for groups of 20 or more are included in the course. Transfer prices include one hour’s waiting time and apply to arrivals and departures between 0600 and 2400 hrs. EA is not responsible for additional charges incurred through flight delays, cancellations or through delays caused by Customs and Immigration. Any additional charges incurred will be invoiced to the customer. A surcharge of 100.00 € or equivalent currency will apply to arrivals and departures between 2400 and 0600 hrs. Transfers may be combined where possible and students may be required to wait for a short period of time in the care of an EA Ltd. representative. Escorts are not normally supplied on departure for groups with their own group leaders, but may be provided at extra cost. Prices for arrivals at other airports may be quoted for on request. EA Ltd. will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that prices quoted for transfers do not change. However, it reserves the right to pass on any subsequent increases in transportation prices caused by fluctuations in fuel prices.
Please note that we must be informed well in advance of students travelling as unaccompanied minors and any airline fees must be paid direct to the airline when the flight is booked. Please ensure that the booking reference is sent to us when you book the transfer. A surcharge of 150.00 € or equivalent currency will apply to cover the additional costs relating to escort’s time and parking on departure.
• Our prices are based on costs as known on 31st August 2008. In the event of any substantial alteration to these costs, EA Ltd. reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to alter the program prices accordingly.
INDIVIDUALS: Bookings of individuals or groups must be accompanied by a deposit (please consult our office for the deposit for each venue) for each participant. A place will be reserved and an invoice for the full cost of the course will be sent by us. The booking is not confirmed until we receive the balance of the invoice amount a full 30 days before arrival of the participant. All late bookings must be paid for in full before the course commences.
In the case of bookings received less than 40 days before the start of the summer school, the full course fee for the group must be paid in order to guarantee the places.
Residential group bookings are not confirmed or guaranteed until the above advance payment or full course fee has been received. Please note that EA Ltd. will make every effort possible to accommodate students according to their wishes but it cannot guarantee specific rooms or types of room or accommodation in its residential centres for individual students or groups
Exceptions to the standard payment procedure described above can only be made by specific prior agreement with EA Ltd. We reserve the right to alter or withhold services if the agreed payment conditions are not respected.
For all payments outstanding more than 28 days after the end of the course, EA reserves the right to charge 1.5% interest for each calendar month or part of a month that the account remains unpaid.
METHOD OF PAYMENT
The following payment method is recommended
By bank transfer, please contact us for the Banking details.
All bank charges must be paid by the sender. In the case of each bank transfer, 15 € or equivalent currency will be added to the invoice to cover any additional charges arising at our bank.)
With all payments, please be sure to specify: (1) the Student’s Name, (2) the Course Centre, (3) the Course and Start Date, (4) our Invoice Number and Invoice Date.
CANCELLATIONS AND NON-ARRIVALS
GROUPS & INDIVIDUALS • If a booking is cancelled more than 40 days before the due date of arrival, the full deposit will be retained • For any booking cancelled less than 40 days before the arrival date, or for non- arrivals, a cancellation charge equivalent to 100% of the course fee will be made.
For individual cancellations within a group booking for whom no suitable replacement is sent the cancellation charges as specified above will apply. No cancellation charge will be made for any participants if a suitable replacement is sent in their place.
Deposits are non refundable however No charge will be made for any participants if a suitable replacement is sent in their place.
Refunds for students who do not complete their course, for whatever reason, will be at the discretion of EA Ltd.
All cancellations must be notified in writing to EA Ltd.
Withdrawal, Late Arrival, Non-Attendance
In principle, there can be no claim for repayment of fees in the case of a student’s withdrawal from a course, late arrival or non-attendance. However, exceptions may be made, at the discretion of EA Ltd., in deserving circumstances.